Junk genius is your source for computer monitor removal and recycling removal.
Since we now live in a highly technologically-advanced world, it’s pretty important to keep up to date with our technological devices. One of the most important of these being the computer. No matter how big or how small, when it comes to replacing a computer, it’s very important to remember that just throwing away your old monitor is a big no-no. Sure, you may have effectively erased all of your personal information from your hard drive, but let’s not forget that computers usually contain chemicals that are bad for the environment.
Here are a few (if not somewhat surprising) facts regarding electronic waste:
- 80 to 85% of electronic products have been discarded in landfills or incinerators, which can release certain toxics into the air.
- E-waste represents 2% of America’s trash in landfills, but equals 70% of overall toxic waste. The extreme amount of lead in electronics alone causes damage in the central and peripheral nervous systems, the blood and the kidneys.
- 20 to 50 million metric tons of electronics are disposed of worldwide every year.
- Recycling 1 million laptops saves the energy equivalent to the electricity used by 3,657 U.S. homes in a year.
- It takes 539 pounds of fossil fuel, 48 pounds of chemicals, and 1.5 tons of water to manufacture one computer and monitor.
So, when you have old computer equipment that you’re ready to get rid of, remember to call Junk Genius and our licensed professionals will safely and satisfactorily handle your unwanted computer removal.